Internet Week Denmark reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any amended terms and conditions will be posted on this website. Applicable from April 20, 2018.
Deceleration of Consent
I hereby give my consent for Internet Week Denmark (and its event organizers) to collect, process and use my personal data for the purposes of processing my attendance to an event, and for any other use to which I have consented, including the importation of contact information for which I have provided my explicit prior consent.
This information will be used for the purposes of compiling delegate lists which will be published on our websites and across any relevant online portals, websites or platforms, and circulated by email to our email database, which includes all past and current delegates. It will also be used to improve our online marketing for enhanced networking opportunities and tailored content. If you do not wish your name, photograph, country where based and company name to appear on the delegate list please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hereby give my consent for Internet Week Denmark to store any voluntary information I may provide in the course of participating in an online survey. I acknowledge and accept that my data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and will be retained and stored for this purpose.
Registration to Events
I hereby give my consent for Internet Week Denmark to use for the purposes of processing complimentary or otherwise registration the mandatory data and any voluntary data I provide when registering for an event. I further give my consent for the voluntary data provided. I acknowledge and accept that my data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with these Terms & Conditions and will be retained and stored for this purpose.
I acknowledge that Internet Week Denmark will not provide transport or travel expenses to or from any event or conference. I acknowledge that Internet Week Denmark will consider but not guarantee exhibiting startups’ requests for event rooms.
By agreeing to act as a volunteer at an event, I acknowledge that:
- I will receive no compensation for travel, accommodation etc.
- There is no guarantee that I will be selected to be a volunteer at the event.
- If I violate any event rule or fail to show up for an assigned shift, my accreditation can be removed and I will be denied access to the event.
- I attest to the truth of all statements made in my application.
- The use of alcohol and/or controlled substances before or while on duty is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy will result in immediate dismissal, removal of accreditation and removal from the event grounds.
- Selection as a volunteer grants permission to Internet Week Denmark to use the volunteer likeness, name, voice and words in television, radio, film, newspapers, magazines and other media, both during and anytime after the event, and in any form, for advertising or communicating the purpose of the event(s).
- In the course of the event, I may be dealing with confidential information and I agree to keep such information in the strictest of confidence.
- I have read and fully understood these terms and conditions.
Use of Personal Data for Advertising Purposes
Internet Week Denmark will not share your e-mail address or personal information to any third party without your permission. We will though share your e-mail address or personal information with the Event Organizers. I hereby give my consent for Internet Week Denmark (and event organizers of the festival) to store the following types of data as a profile for internal purposes:
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when creating a user on the website.
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when attending an event.
- Voluntary disclosures when participating in online surveys.
- By attending an event I agree to receive email communication about related events or information about the event I am attending. I give consent for Internet Week Denmark or event organizers of the festival to analyse and use the data for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with Internet Week Denmark or subsidiary events and promotions.
- Data collected from any connected social media for which I have provided my explicit prior consent.
- I acknowledge that my data may be used for marketing purposes by Internet Week Denmark or a third party to contact me by e-mail to ascertain my views on our services, which will be similar to the ones to which I have already subscribed.
- I furthermore consent to the mathematical and statistical analysis of my personal data for advertising purposes (scoring). However, my e-mail address may be used for advertising purposes only with my express consent.
- I also give my consent for my data to be updated and supplemented with additional data.
- Accordingly, I give my consent for Internet Week Denmark (and event organizers) to collect data relating to me personally from public domain sources and to store these along with my personal data that are already under the control of Internet Week Denmark (and event organizers). I give my consent for Internet Week Denmark (and event organizers) to analyse this newly collected data together with the data already under their control and to use the same for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with trade fairs and/or exhibitors of interest.
- Internet Week Denmark has free lifetime use of any image or video content created by attendees at Internet Week Denmark.
When personal information (e.g. name, e-mail address, and other contact information) is provided through the Internet Week Denmark website or directly to us by e-mail you give consent to Internet Week Denmark for:
- Processing and administering your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instructions
- Retaining a record of incoming and outgoing communications (e.g. email) to process your personal data as outlined in this Privacy Statement.
Information we receive from credit reference and fraud detection agencies or other third parties we may use to verify your information. We may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Right of Access
You have a right to be given a copy of any of your personal data held by Internet Week Denmark in accordance with section 4 of the Data Protection Acts subject to certain exceptions. Requests for a copy of your personal data can be emailed to email@example.com or addressed to: Seismonaut, att. Internet Week Denmark, Søndergade 66, 5. sal, Aarhus C, Denmark.
Right of rectification or erasure
If Internet Week Denmark holds incorrect information about you which was originally submitted by you through this website, you have the right to have the data amended. Further, you have the right to have any information you have sent to us via this website erased. To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to: Seismonaut, att. Internet Week Denmark, Søndergade 66, 5. sal, Aarhus C, Denmark.
Requests should include:
- Your name and email address.
- A description of the specific personal data you wish rectified.
Please note that Internet Week Denmark is not required to rectify or erase your data where doing so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to Internet Week Denmark or where Internet Week Denmark is required to process (including retaining) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Acts. In the event of any conflict between these terms and the provisions of the Data Protection Acts, the Data Protection Acts shall prevail.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, Internet Week Denmark cannot guarantee its absolute security and cannot accept any liability where the security of your Personal Information is compromised. The security of your personal information is important to us.
Complaints can be made to email@example.com. We will endeavour to resolve any customer complaints where reasonable.
Event Cancellation, Postponement & Substitution Policy
Internet Week Denmark is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an event. Internet Week Denmark shall assume no liability whatsoever in the circumstances that an event is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of an event impracticable, illegal or impossible. For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labour strike, extreme weather or other emergency.
Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organisers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, Internet Week Denmark reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.
You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of any breach of the terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your use of the website, or use by any other person accessing the website using your pc or internet access account.
Attendees Under Age 18
Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone up until the point of conference registration/accreditation collection. Chaperones are not required to attend the conference provided their youth attendee(s) is/are aged 16 or over but are welcome to do so provided they attend an event on the website.